COOK OFF DETAILS
Location: Buck’s Backyard, 1750 FM 1626
Buda, Texas, 78610
Questions please contact Shane Sanders @ 512-667-8063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Regulations
Mandatory – Meat will be inspected before you may begin seasoning.
1. Only one (1) team per pit.
2. Teams will consist of a Head Cook and up to 4 team members.
3. Any and all meats entered into judging will be cooked from scratch within the constraints of the event. Pre-cooking, marinating, etc., will not be allowed prior to the start of the cook-off as defined by the cook-off promoter.
4. Fires must be wood or charcoal. Pit may include gas or electricity to start the natural substances, but may not be used in any part of the cooking process. Pits/Grills will be inspected upon arrival. Holes or open pits are not permitted. Fires may not be built on the ground. Each team MUST bring a fire extinguisher.
5. Props, trailers, motor home vehicles, tents and any other equipment may not exceed the boundary of the contestant’s assigned space. No tent stakes can be driven into the asphalt.
6. IBCA trays will be handed out from 6pm – 7pm Friday night. Heads Cook meeting at 6:30pm Friday. (HEAD COOKS MUST ATTEND)
7. It is the responsibility of the contestant to see that the contest area is kept clean and that the area is cleaned and policed following the contest. All fires must be put out, concrete blocks and other building materials or props hauled away and all equipment removed from the site.
8. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages may be grounds for disqualifications. Alcoholic beverage rules must be followed (example: poured into cups). Under no circumstances are alcoholic beverages to be distributed to the general public by contestants. No food sales to the general public.
9. The only parking available for your team is to be within your 35x40 area. Other family members or friends will have to park in the Bucks main lot or other designated parking areas
10.No 4 wheelers or golf carts in cook-off area except by the cook-off promoter.
11.IBCA judging rules will apply.
12.Promoter and cook-off officials will not be held responsible for accidents, theft, or any mishaps.
13.No Skateboards, skates, in-line skates, bicycles allowed.
14.No electricity/water available – bring your own generators and water supply.
15.Spaces are approximately 35 x 40.
16.Absolutely no firearms or explosives are allowed.
17.Amplification should be used in moderation during the entire cook-off, and must be turned off from 1am Friday night until 8am Saturday morning. You will be given a warning and are subject to disqualification on second complaint.
18.Check in times begin Thursday after 6pm. Due to the size of our event and safety of pedestrians, ALL COOKS MUST BE CHECKED IN BY 6:00 AM SATURDAY.
19.Beans – nothing larger than a bean in cup. – No garnishes.
20.Buck’s Backyard and IBCA reserves the right to make additional regulations as situations warrant. Decisions of Committee and Judges are FINAL.
21. Prizes are as follows – (Trophies and Payouts)
Brisket 1st $1000
Ribs 1st $700
Chicken 1st $500
Beans and Ribeye are paid 50% pay out ($ TBD on amount of contestants)
22.Top 10 in all categories will be announced and given Certificates.
23. TURN IN TIMES: BEANS 11AM, CHICKEN 12PM, SPARE RIBS 1:30PM, BRISKET 3:00PM
24. RIBEYE will be a 8pm turn in on FRIDAY NIGHT. It’s a Cook Choice category meaning you can cook the ribeye however you want. Including garnishes and/or different types of dishes. The only rule is that you have to incorporate an actual ribeye in the dish.
25. Upon arrival you may proceed to your assigned cooking spot after check in. Your team MUST stay within your boundaries. If you are bringing a travel trailer/motorhome/camper, you are NOT allowed to have your door face the road. It must be pulled straight in or backed in to your spot.
Questions please call Shane Sanders @ 512-667-8063 or email email@example.com